Although I’m not a Vegan or Vegetarian, I have developed an appreciation for meals without meat. I made this recipe with zero experience in making vegan burgers, but took some inspiration from another recipe I found online.
- 1 small Kumara
- 1 Carrot
- Half a can of mixed beans
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- Oil for cooking
- Chop and boil the kumara
- Fry the onions
- Grate the carrot and finely chop the garlic
- Drain and mash the kumara
- Add the grated carrot, garlic, kumara and beans to the fried onions in the pan
- Squash them up a bit as they cook for a few minutes
- Put the mixture aside and leave to cool before shaping into burgers and freezing
- Once the burgers have been in the freezer a few hours, fry them in oil
This recipe makes about 3-4 vegan burgers. I served mine in buns with tomato sauce and baby spinach. If you want you could try adding some spices to the vegan burgers for extra flavour.