Recently I’ve decided to have a crack at making piccalilli sauce. Here’s my recipe.
My piccalilly recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- Corn Flour
The first thing to do when making piccalilli is to pickle the vegetables.
- Dice the veggies
- Boil the veggies (except the onion and capsicum)
- Put plenty of vinegar and a little sugar in a container and put the diced veggies in
- Leave the veggies to pickle for a few weeks
Once the vegetables are pickled, you are ready to make the piccalilli sauce. Piccalilli sauce is made primarily from mustard and turmeric.
- Drain the vinegar from the pickled vegetables
- Add a little sugar
- Add a tablespoon of vinegar
- Add a small amount of water
- Add plenty of turmeric
- Add some mustard (more if you like the piccalilli sauce to have some spice)
- Now, stir in some sifted corn flour until the piccalilli sauce is thick enough
Your piccalilli sauce is now ready to be bottled and chilled.