If you have a brand new PC on your network and want to add it to an SCCM collection, you can do this through the SCCM console. To add a new computer to an SCCM collection in SCCM 2007, do the following:
- Log onto the SCCM console
- Navigate to System Center Configuration Manager -> Site Database -> Operating System Deployment
- Computer Association
- Click Import Computer Information
- Click Single Computer, Next
- Enter the name of the computer you want to add to a SCCM collection and the MAC address or SMBIOS GUID then click Next -> Next(I tend to use the MAC address because you can find it more easily than the SMBIOS GUID, by opening a command prompt and typing ipconfig /all)
- Select the SCCM collection you would like to join the new computer to, then click Next, Next, Close
After adding the PC to SCCM, if you can’t see it in the collection you specified, try hitting refresh.
Once the new computer is added to SCCM, you will probably want to install the SCCM client to the PC so you can deploy software to it. To do this, right click the computer, click Install Client and follow through the wizard.