I made this recipe last night. It came out well, but not as intended. I loosely based it on a Sticky Toffee Pudding recipe and thought I would end up with a soft, slightly sticky feijoa pudding with a sweet feijoa sauce. Instead I ended up with a slightly dry cake-like pudding with a soft feijoa jus in parts and a caramelized top. Not bad, it will be great with ice-cream. Here’s the recipe (A best guess because I didn’t write the recipe down as I made the pudding):
- 250g of flour
- 2 eggs
- Raw sugar
- golden syrup
- Add a small amount of water then heat the feijoa so they break down a little and you get a bit of juice. I did this in the microwave.
- Take a few of the feijoas and put them aside.
- Mix the majority of the feijoas with sugar, a small amount of butter, a couple of tbsps. of golden syrup and an egg. Add a very small amount of flour and stir than in.
- In another bowl, mix flour (about 200g, not much) with plenty of sugar, some butter and the feijoas you set aside in step 2.
- Pour the mixture made in step 4 into the other mixture and cook in the oven until done.